Account Coordinator | MCI Group | EN
Title: Account Coordinator
Reports To: Account Director
Business Unit: Black Flower Agency
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Revision Date: January 2019
MCI USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.
NYC-based experiential marketing and events agency, a key United States business unit of global company based in Geneva, Switzerland is interviewing highly organized, energetic and hospitality experienced self-starting candidates with a strong understanding of the luxury lifestyle sector to serve as an Account Coordinator serving the Account Directors of the agency.
Primary Job Duties
- Assist Account Managers and Account Directors with all-encompassing event research, inclusive, but not limited to of the following:
- Research event concepts
- Research and outreach to restaurants, event venues, and hotel properties, with a strong focus on the premium and luxury level establishments
- Research and outreach to program/event vendors; A/V, rental companies, ground transportation, food & beverage (caterers), etc.
- Research gifting options for client programs/events
- Manage all-encompassing pre, on-site activation, and post event hospitality components imbedded into larger luxury platform events
- Hotel room block managment
- Ground transportation coordination
- Guest hospitality and interaction with high net-worth and/or high profile individuals
- Guest activity conceptualization, planning, and activation
- Development/ submission of event marketing and promotional copy and imagery
- Development/Creation and production of program/event documents; hospitality decks, transportation spread sheets, production reports, sales submission forms, training documents, guest lists, guest itineraries, etc.
- Development/Creation and production of event collateral; invitations, programs, name tags, signage, menu cards, dinner seating cards, etc.
- Assist with program/event organization and ramp-up; gathering supplies, packing/unpacking supplies, etc.
- Assist with program/ event development; décor, table settings, lighting design, gifting, menu selection, etc.
- On-site event support
- Assist with program/ event budget management and reconciliation
- Participate on client conference calls and with in-person meetings
- Participate in staff meetings and concept brainstorms
- Contribute to program/event conceptualization processes
- Assist with the correspondence and management of key agency partners; talents, influencers, restaurant establishments, etc.
- When needed, assist with agency staff travel research and reservations; car service and flight aviation
Account Coordinator should possess the following minimum qualifications and skills
- Fluency in one or more of the following languages is a plus; French, Italian, Mandarin
- Passion, interest, and solid knowledge of the following luxury sectors: fashion, entertainment, automotive, sports, food and wine/spirits
- Creative and “outside the box” thinking
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Essential ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast paced, dynamically changing environment.
- Ability to anticipate and quickly respond to the needs and requirements of Account Directors, Account Managers, and Agency Clients
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment but also exercise and act upon independent judgment with vision, confidence and a discerning eye towards delivering “experiences” and not just events
- Outstanding customer service and hospitality skills
- “In-event” troubleshooting skills
- Strong oral, written communication, and creative writing skills
- Pre-event organization and on-site event management
- Professional behavior skill set to represent the agency and its clients in a sophisticated manner within and outside of specific events
- Strong Computer/Technology Knowledge: MAC proficient, Word, Excel (not just the basics, but a very strong comprehension of Excel formulas), Power Point, Outlook, and In Design, Photoshop and/or CAD
- College degree - BA/BS, equivalent university degree or higher
- Black Flower Agency is a business unit of MCI USA, the United States subsidiary of MCI Group (www.mci-group.com).
- Position reports to Account Directors
- Unquestioned work ethic and great organizational skills
- This position is client and high net-worth individual consumer facing on-site at events, and requires strong hospitality skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Ability to work nights and weekend events when necessary
- Ability to interact in a collaborative manner
- Solutions-oriented and creative problem solver
- Eager to learn with a desire for career growth in the event marketing, event hospitality, event production, and experiential events sector.
- Function as an Agency Team Member in accordance with parent company’s corporate vision and guiding principles, including unquestioned integrity, client-centricity and a quest for lifelong learning.