Account Manager | MCI Group | EN
Title: Account Manager
Reports To: Account Director + President
Business Unit: Black Flower Agency
FLSA Status: Exempt
Revision Date: January 2019
Response Instructions: Candidates should apply by submitting their resume with cover letter to email@example.com
MCI USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.
NYC-based experiential marketing and events agency, a key United States business unit of a global company based in Geneva, Switzerland, is interviewing candidates with existing experiential and hospitality event experience to fulfill an Account Manager roll. The position will support existing luxury client accounts with primary focus on hospitality event activations taking place both domestically in the US and internationally.
Primary Job Duties:
- Collaborative efforts with an existing event and hospitality management account team lead by an Account Director with focus on luxury fashion brands
- Lead large-scale hospitality event activations tied to white-glove VIP ground transportation logistics, five-star hotel room block management, gifting and premium guest experiences
- Participate on client conference calls, in-person client meetings, and client pitches
- Tracking and strategizing of financial goals for client (external) and agency (internal)
- Daily management of key agency partners; talents, influencers, vendors such as hotel properties, transportation companies, restaurant establishments, etc.
- Participate in staff meetings and brainstorms
- Daily digital and verbal communications with internal and external parties
- Account Coordinator support staff who will assist the account management team with all-encompassing event research
- Development/Creation and management of key documents; hospitality decks, transportation spread sheets, production reports, etc.
- Development/Creation and production of event collateral; digital invitations, programs, name tags, signage, menu cards, dinner seating cards, etc.
- Event/Program budget development and management
- All-encompassing on-site activation assistance and management pertaining event hospitality and event management
Account Manager should possess the following minimum qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 5 years of agency or client-based account management experience (specific disciplines could include event management or hospitality)
- Passion, interest, and solid knowledge of the luxury fashion sector
- Creative and “outside the box” thinking
- Strong understanding of marketing and how it interfaces with events
- Ability to anticipate and quickly respond to the needs and requirements of Agency Clients
- Must have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast paced, dynamically changing environment
- Outstanding customer service and firm understanding of white-glove VIP guest hospitality
- “In-event” troubleshooting skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment but also exercise and act upon independent judgment with vision, confidence and a discerning eye towards delivering “experiences” and not just events
- Professional behavior skill set to represent Black Flower Agency and its clients in a sophisticated manner within and outside of specific events
- Excellent time management, oral and written communication skills
- Pre-event organization and on-site event management
- Strong Computer/Technology Knowledge: MAC proficient, Word, Excel (not just the basics, but a very strong comprehension of Excel formulas), Power Point, Outlook
- Ability to travel 20%-30% of the year
- Fluency in Italian is beneficial, however not required