Account Manager | MCI Group | EN
Candidates should apply by submitting their resume with cover letter. MCI USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NYC-based experiential marketing and events agency, a key United States business unit of a global company based in Geneva, Switzerland, is interviewing candidates with existing events and VIP/Celebrity hospitality and management experience to fulfill a mid-level Account Manager roll. The position will support existing luxury fashion client accounts with primary focus on VIP/Celebrity hospitality activations taking place both domestically in the US and internationally.
Primary Job Duties:
- Collaborative efforts with an existing events team lead by an Account Director with primary focus on VIP/Celebrity hospitality management and logistics
- Lead large-scale hospitality event activations tied to white-glove VIP ground transportation logistics, five-star hotel room block management, gifting and premium guest experiences, dressing coordination, and overall celebrity and talent hospitality management
- Participate on client conference calls, in-person client meetings, and client pitches
- Tracking and strategizing of financial goals for client (external) and agency (internal)
- Daily management of key agency partners; talents, influencers, vendors such as hotel properties, transportation companies, restaurant establishments, etc.
- Participate in staff meetings and brainstorms
- Daily digital and verbal communications with internal and external parties
- Account Coordinator support staff who will assist the account management team with all-encompassing event research
- Development/Creation and management of key documents; hospitality decks, transportation spread sheets, production reports, etc.
- Development/Creation and production of event collateral; digital invitations, programs, name tags, signage, menu cards, dinner seating cards, etc.
- Event/Program budget development and management
- All-encompassing on-site activation assistance and management pertaining event hospitality and event management
Account Manager should possess the following minimum qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 5 years of agency or client-based account management experience (specific disciplines could include event management or hospitality)
- Passion, interest, and solid knowledge of the luxury fashion sector
- Capability and forethought to anticipate and quickly respond to the needs and requirements of Agency Clients
- Ability and self confidence to act as a poised leader on behalf the agency inclusive of professional client, VIP, and celebrity interfacing behavior skills and experience
- Must have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast paced, dynamically changing environment
- Outstanding customer service and firm understanding of white-glove VIP guest hospitality
- “In-event” troubleshooting skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment but also exercise and act upon independent judgment with vision, confidence and a discerning eye towards delivering “experiences” and not just events
- Professional behavior skill set to represent Black Flower Agency and its clients in a sophisticated manner within and outside of specific events
- Strong communication skills- in person, on the phone and in email
- Outgoing and friendly
- Ability to think on your feet
- Ability to lead but also act as a team player
- Creative and “outside the box” thinking
- Excellent time management, oral and written communication skills
- Pre-event organization and on-site event management
- Strong Computer/Technology Knowledge: MAC proficient, Word, Excel (not just the basics, but a very strong comprehension of Excel formulas), Power Point, Outlook
- Ability to travel 25%-30% of the year