Business Development Intern
Business Development Intern | MCI Group | EN
Business Development internship
If selling, networking, presenting, cold calling and research give you the chills, then the job opportunity that follows is not for you.
If you kept reading…
Thank you for your interest!
At MCI The Netherlands, we are on a mission to make our brand thrive and create a strong footprint on the corporate map. So, are you looking for an opportunity to combine sales, strategic analysis and marketing?
Who you are
- You are an English native speaker – or you can fake it like a native – while Dutch is a plus
- You are business-minded, good in spotting opportunities within a highly competitive landscape
- You are a natural at striking conversations and networking
- You are not afraid to pick up the phone and make that call
- We get things done, so we expect that from you! You have a positive can-do mentality, and work efficiently
- You are a problem solver; if you don’t know something and the team doesn’t have an answer, Google is the place you go
- You are not afraid to take ownership and are a self-sufficient team player
- While nobody enjoys stressful situations, you can smoothly handle tight deadlines and urgent requests
- You are currently living the life of a student in Sales, Business and Management
- You are available full-time for 6 months starting from September 2019
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be looking for new opportunities and converting them into business to grow our portfolio. But, more specifically:
- Identifying new prospects and converting them to clients by taking a consultative sales approach
- Improving MCI’s value proposition based on market intelligence and client meetings
- Tapping into your network for potential business
- Expanding your network through visiting relevant industry and trade events
- Liaising with our marketing team in regard to promotion, content, monthly reports and proposals
- Maintaining our CRM system
- Being a sparring partner for prospects in Procurement, Events, Marketing & Communication
- Staying up-to-date with the latest developments in the industry to drive our business forward
What you’ll get in return
- Work with an awesome, international team which likes to do good business and have its fun
- Besides fun, we regularly have energy workshops to keep you healthy and active
- Plenty of learning opportunities both on-the-job and through our educational platforms, enabling you to progress and excel
- Daily lunch with the entire MCI family
- Sharpen your consultative selling, presentation and negotiation skills, as well as build your own network to establish yourself as a professional
- Occasional team drinks to celebrate wins (and recover from losses)
- For prospects converted - account management: explore how to grow client and increase switching costs
- Get things done. No time for excuses: Being resourceful will take you a long way.
- Help out & remember we are all human: No-one is too good for any task. We do our best at all times. Of course, mistakes may hurt us temporarily, but not working as a team will kills us.
- There is always room for improvement: What got us here now, won’t necessarily get us there tomorrow.
- We take our work very seriously, but not ourselves!
Can’t wait to submit an application?
Well, we can’t wait to know more about your profile! Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.