Business Development Manager - MCI Experience
Business Development Manager | MCI Group | EN
The MCI Experience Team are looking for a driven Business Development Manager to join the team!
To identify, engage and successfully achieve sustained long-term growth; achieving maximum sales volume in accordance with the MCI Experience strategic plan and financial targets (set out by the Director of Client Services). This is a significant position within the business and as such your responsibilities will be varied and wide-ranging and are not necessarily limited to purely sales and new business activities for the company.
- Help develop and action an effective and appropriate company new business strategy in order to penetrate target accounts.
- To be driven, strategic and confident in your approach for example; identifying a potential clients issues, identifying their need, and then proactively approaching with a solution, be it via the phone or other means.
- Follow up new enquiries from the company’s web site and proactive marketing efforts, keeping an up to date record of all activity via the company CRM.
- To ensure all sales opportunities are maximised within the MCI Group’s existing client base where possible, including account solicitation, re activating dormant accounts, development of new relationships.
- You need to be informed and aware of all developments within the agency’s clients and target brands and communicate relevant information to the wider teams.
- You’ll have a comprehensive knowledge of the agency and competitive landscape and be able to confidently present MCI Experience as well as the wider MCI Group.
- You’ll work with the marketing department to develop new marketing initiatives and lead generation campaigns that are appropriate to acquiring new clients.
- You’ll be able to own and lead the pitch process and documents where necessary.
- Lead the company’s roster adoption process from RFI stage to secure preferred supplier status with new and existing clients.
- Maintain trusted and valued relationships at all levels within client organisations.
- Attend and participate in industry conferences, develop and implement thought leadership, and represent, promote and raise the level of awareness of MCI Experience brand and when relevant the wider MCI Group, acting as an ambassador at all times.
- You’ll proactively work with the Director of Client Services to develop a programme of appropriate hospitality and entertainment in order to help secure new business as well as developing existing relationships.
- To update and maintain all client and sales-based information on the company’s CRM and project management system.
- You’ll be required to provide weekly updates on sales pipeline and your progress, as well as participating in the weekly sales meetings.
- You’ll embrace and contribute to the MCI Experience culture and values and demonstrate these at all times in your day to day activities within the business.
- You’ll have a minimum of 4 years successful sales experience within the events industry and are able to demonstrate a proven track record.
- Confident and experienced in leading and presenting a pitch.
- Strategic business development experience.
- Accounting and pricing acumen.
- Comprehensive understanding of our competitors.
- Experience in the use of CRM systems.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Interest in current business issues.
- You’ll be able to deal with tight deadlines and be calm under pressure.
- You’ll be fluent in both written and spoken English and be eligible to work in the UK.
- UK & International travel will be required as part of the role.
- Most importantly you'll have a dynamic, positive and energetic outlook.