Director, Hotel Contract Management
Director - Hotel Contract Management | MCI Group | EN
The Director, Hotel Contract Management is responsible for managing and leading a team that administers and executes hotel contracting across MCI customers primarily within US venues. The Director will build and maintain strong relationships while achieving both client and MCI objectives through establishing consistent contract practices and language protecting both the interest of our client base and MCI.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day management of a team of 3-4 direct reports, including workload distribution and assignment of projects, and measure and report up on team performance against established metrics
- Facilitate new hire on-boarding, conduct training, and provide ongoing team professional development
- Lead standing team calls to disseminate information, encourage team knowledge and best practice sharing
- Facilitate hotel contracting on behalf of new or existing clients
- Manage the existing contract modifications via addendum processing
- Negotiate with new or contracted hotels to achieve maximum client contract benefit encompassing room night inventory requirement, favoured price points and amenities.
- Compile and track reports on status of events and anticipated client needs
- Track and audit key data entered by team for reporting, ensure data integrity and completeness
- Work as the intermediary between client and hotel during the contracting process; assist client with counsel during contracting periods
- Monitor and maintain quality and adherence to processes, identifying and contributing to their improvement
- Identify potential hotels/venues, visiting existing suppliers (as appropriate / required), and build and maintain good relationships with the hotel community
- Support strategic initiatives in collaboration with Sales, Marketing, Account Management and other divisions
- Maintaining contract files and using as reference for future events/needs
- Leverage buying power of client (and MCI) to ensure client is receiving the best options at the most affordable costs, preferably at or below budget
- Negotiate contract terms between client and hotel/venue to ensure the client receives the best concessions and most affordable options with the facilities
- Maintain positive relationships with CVBs around the world to supplement hotel support
- Participate in industry conferences for purposes of continuing education, networking, possible speaker / SME
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience working in related field
- Previous experience in the hospitality field strongly preferred (hotel sales/marketing)
- 3-5 years’ experience in hotel sourcing, procurement and contract negotiations
- Detail oriented, self-sufficient, with inquiring mind and analytical capabilities
- Ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments, and deadlines at a moment’s notice
- Ability to work independently and with a multi-cultural global team
- Working knowledge of contractual conditions and contractual policy
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills
- Must have good negotiation skills while working with vendors and clients
- Ability to identify cost savings and avoidance methodologies expertise and demonstrated savings track record
- Ability to develop good working relationships with vendors and clients
- Ability to exercise sound judgment when handling a variety of issues
Specific Technical Skills:
- Working knowledge of Windows Office, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge and direct experience of CVENT preferred
- Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) or Certified Exhibitions Manager (CEM) or Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) preferred but not required.
- Travel may be required on a limited basis
Competitive salary and benefits.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.
Interested candidates should include their salary history with cover letter and resume and send to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.
MCI, USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.