Event Producer - PCO
We are seeking an experienced and highly organized Event Producer in our Congress Division (PCO) working out of our Vancouver Office. You will be responsible for planning and delivering conferences and congresses for our Association clients.
If you enjoy working in a collaborative & fun team environment that thrives on creating the best experiences for our clients’ then you will want to come and be part of our team!
- Effectively design and plan production elements of a project to ensure successful execution
- Participate in creative brainstorming and development sessions
- Effectively maintain existing client and supplier relationships
- Manage and coordinate all suppliers and other third parties
- Support the Project Lead in preparing relevant program documents and work with Creative Director to provide creative solutions to client
- Ensure on-site delivery and management of production & onsite staff
- Ensure program budget is kept up to-date and invoices reviewed and accurate
- Work collaboratively with other team members
- Support other Project Managers and staff in the Operations department, as required by assisting in other conference management tasks and other administrative duties
- Maintain up-to-date documentation
Required Experience, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum of 5 years of direct relevant production lead experience and a minimum of 3 years’ experience planning and executing logistical elements
- Degree or Diploma in Hospitality/Event Management, Production
- Excellent verbal and written professional communication skills are essential. Fluent written and spoken English required
- Ability to work as part of a larger team to support the Project Lead and to communicate effectively with high level clients and suppliers
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced team environment, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and handle multiple assignments simultaneously with efficiency and accuracy
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude
- Well-developed time management skills: highly organized, efficient, and detail-oriented
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Responsible and able to work both independently and with specific project teams for individual events
- Strong computer skills: highly proficient levels in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to work weekends and evenings based on conference schedules
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
This is a contract position in our Vancouver office with term ending March 29, 2019.
If you meet the experience and skills requirements, please email your resume and cover letter in confidence to the attention of the Human Resources Manager at email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information, visit our website at www.mci-group.com/canada