Grassroots Outreach Manager
Grassroots Outreach Manager | MCI Group | EN
Title: Manager, Grassroots Outreach
Primary Supervisor: Chief Engagement Officer
Department/Client Team: RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association
FLSA Status: Exempt Revision Date: January 2019
For consideration, e-mail your cover letter, resume and salary requirements (absolutely required) to the listed e-mail. MCI USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information about RESOLVE, visite https://resolve.org/
All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.
- Manage key elements of RESOLVE’s government affairs program and engagement with grassroots and grass-tops advocates to advance positive family building policy and stop anti-family legislation in Congress and state legislatures.
- Keep constituents and stakeholders informed on advocacy efforts through appropriate communications vehicles, including Action Alerts and advocacy-related web content.
- Expand and manage the RESOLVE Advocacy Network of grassroots advocacy volunteers, keeping them engaged and equipped to mobilize at the state and federal level.
- Draft various communication materials for advocates including email campaigns, blogs, fact sheets, etc.
- Implement online digital strategies for communicating with advocates and key stakeholders: i.e. surveys, action alerts, story-telling, etc.
- Develop training opportunities and resources for volunteer advocates to learn and grow their advocacy IQ.
- Project Manager for federal Advocacy Day and state Advocacy Days.
- Staff contact for advocacy-related questions both internally and externally.
- Collaborate with Board, staff, volunteers and Corporate Partners to advance advocacy through all means available.
- Develop and promote grassroots meetings, video townhalls, and legislative engagement.
- Work with the Chief Engagement Officer and Communications team to set strategic goals for advocate growth and engagement.
- Monitor and respond to advocates and constituents on social media platforms regarding legislative issues.
- Identify revenue opportunities that advance RESOLVE’s advocacy work.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three to five years' experience working with a non-profit organization/association or government/political entity
- Experience in marketing, communications, or community outreach a plus
- Knowledge of state and federal political processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage volunteers and work with a diverse group of constituents
- Organized, flexible, prompt and with superb attention to detail
- Capability of working with minimum supervision as well as being a team player
- Proven abilities in multi-tasking and problem-solving and working in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in office software systems and database management – Microsoft Office suite
- Flexibility in scheduling or attending conference calls, programs, and events outside of normal business hours
- Travel as needed to key states
- Event management experience a plus
- Knowledge of infertility and various family building options a plus, but not mandatory
- Interest in healthcare related issues
- Knowledge of advocacy/action alert applications a plus (Luminate Online/Blackbaud, CapWiz, etc.)