Housing Executive | MCI Group | EN
This position serves as a member of the Housing Management Team within the Convention Division. The Housing Executive is responsible for the direction and implementation of conferences and is the main contact between the client and MCI internal support departments. The MCI Housing Executive establishes, implements and monitors timelines as well as communicates client requirements while providing operational support to the Sales Team and support departments. The Housing Executive is positioned to provide leadership and drive priorities for the Housing Manager within the team and serves as back up in the absence of the Housing Manager on inventory needs. Provides management and direction to subordinate staff internal and onsite.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Works with the client to establish business processes for conferences and communicates those to internal support departments
- Responsible for ensuring accurate show set up for housing
- Responsible for QC of the client website – Includes QC of accurate hotel data (hotel descriptions, images, amenities). Reports discrepancies to Housing Manager for correction.Responsible for final QC prior to website opening
- Prepares call center implementation and completes call center training for show opening
- Prepares Post Show Report after completion of the conference
- Create & monitor housing pace reports for observation of year over year pace and pick up to ensure full utilization of block, identifies trends and reacts to those discoveries
- Prepares marketing plan for the conference, to include timeline of save the dates, email blasts, targeted or segmented marketing etc.
- Prepares and monitors conference budget to ensure budget requirements are met/exceeded
- Coordinates conference priorities and daily workloads for the Housing Team
- Schedules final hotel reconciliation with Onsite Manager at hotel cut off, prior to onsite
- Travels onsite to operate conference and works with onsite team for hotel reconciliation
- Attends client meeting for purpose of post-show and pre-planning for the following years event
- Establishes the percentage of oversell for each show per hotel.Communicates this with the Account Manager
- Building of sub-blocks in tandem with Housing Manager
- Ensure we have enough inventory to meet or exceed our current budgets.Monitors inventory to ensure sell through exists and if not will work with Sales Team to secure additional inventory at current contracted hotels
- Assign client login and passwords for web reporting
- Initiates post show reporting compilation (Dashboard with Marketing) and formal meeting with client post-conference
- Coordinate with sales team all conference needs and client issues Relationship Management to include:
- Call Center
- Team Members
- Executive Team
- Degree preferred but not required
- Must have hotel or hospitality industry experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Working knowledge of excel
- Must have strong organizational and multi project management skills
- Experience in hotel sourcing and contract negotiations preferred
- Working knowledge of hotel contractual conditions and policies
- Limited travel will be required
- Strong decision making skills and judgement for company representation
Competitive salary and benefits.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.
Interested candidates should include their salary history with cover letter and resume and send to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.
MCI, USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.