Manager - Sourcing/Contracting
Manager - Sourcing Contracting | MCI Group | EN
Manage and administer hotel sourcing and contracting across MCI customers primarily within US venues. Achieving both client and MCI objectives through establishing consistent contract practices language protecting both the interest of our client base and MCI at the direction of the US President, Strategic Events, Meetings and Incentives Management, Head of Global Hotel Procurement and Vice President, Convention Housing Operations and Hotel Contracting.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Sourcing hotels and venues for corporate and association events
- Reviewing new event requests and working with client and local offices to understand and clarify event needs
- Analysing client budgets and requirements within each meeting/event request and identify appropriate hotels for contracting
- Identifying potential hotels/venues, visiting existing suppliers (as appropriate / required)
- Conducting research and finding resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities
- Input requests into CVENT along with post event results
- Cooperating with Corporate office to understand and carry-out procurement policies
- Work closely with MCI Sales team for hotel contracting requirements
- Facilitate the Hotel contracting on behalf of new or existing clients in support ofassociation events
- Managing the existing contract modifications via addendum processing
- Working as intermediary between client and hotel during the contracting process; assisting client with counsel during contracting periods
- Negotiating with new or contracted hotels to achieve maximum client contract benefit encompassing room night inventory requirement, favoured price points and amenities.
- Negotiating contract terms between client and hotel/venue to ensure the client receives the best concessions and most affordable options with the facilities
- Leveraging buying power of client (and MCI) to ensure client is receiving the best options at the most affordable costs, preferably at or below budget
- Compiling and tracking reports on status of events, spend analysis, client needs, pick-up and commission
- Maintaining contract files and using as reference for future events/needs
- Monitoring and maintaining quality and adherence to processes, identifying and contributing to their improvement
- Maintain positive relationships with CVB’s and hotel community
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience working in related field
- Previous experience in the hospitality field strongly preferred (hotel sales/marketing)
- 3 years’ experience in hotel sourcing, procurement and contract negotiations
- Detail oriented, self-sufficient, with inquiring mind and analytical capabilities
- Ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments, and deadlines at a moment’s notice
- Ability to work independently and with a multi-cultural global team
- Working knowledge of contractual conditions and contractual policy
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills
- Must have good negotiation skills while working with vendors and clients
- Ability to develop good working relationships with vendors and clients
- Ability to exercise sound judgement when handling a variety of issues
Specific Technical Skills:
- Working knowledge of Windows Office, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge and direct experience of CVENT preferred
- Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) or Certified Exhibitions Manager (CEM) or Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) preferred but not required.
- Travel may be required on a limited basis
Competitive salary and benefits.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.
Interested candidates should include their salary history with cover letter and resume and send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.
MCI, USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.