Manager, Association Events
Manager Association Events | MCI Group | EN
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible conference and event management experience
- CMP preferred
- Combination of association and corporate experience a plus
- Experience in a multi-client environment strongly preferred
- Diverse portfolio of experience including but not limited to annual conferences, exhibition management, meetings, workshops, symposia and award gala productions and special events.
- Team focus but independent judgment and vision
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to interact in a firm but highly collaborative fashion
- Solutions-oriented, creative problem solver
- Must have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast paced, dynamically, changing environment.
- Team player with a strong customer service focus
- Eager to learn with a desire for career growth in the events industry
- Travel: 20%, chiefly 4-5 day blocks of time
- Serve as meeting planner for variety of association clients, ability to
- Serve in a support role for other client events, as needed.
- Handle all venue and vendor solicitation, negotiations, contracting and management.
- Manage all event logistics in advance, on-site, and post-conference to include site selection, room sets, audio visual, food & beverage, décor, signage, etc.
- Manage and coordinate all vendors and staff through comprehensive event resume to include logistical facets for hotel, convention center, and applicable vendors.
- Work with Resource Development team to manage fulfillment of sponsor benefits.
- Evaluate and maintain event budgets against pre-set spending limits. Provide clients with accurate budget estimates pre-event and ensure post-event billing reflects these estimates.
- Negotiate hotel and other vendor contracts, meeting Coulter standards for each client event.
- Process invoices and check requests.
- Maintain department files and notebooks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility (Current positions supervised): Not applicable.
- Complete MCI USA timesheets
- Other duties as assigned
- Serve on appropriate MCI USA Matrix Management Teams; and
- Function as MCI USA team member in accordance with MCI USA’s corporate vision and guiding principles.
Competitive salary and benefits.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.
Interested candidates should include their salary history with cover letter and resume and send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.
MCI, USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.