Senior Manager, Learning and Success
Senior Manager - Learning and Success | MCI Group | EN
Title: Senior Manager, Learning and Success
Supervisor: Executive Director, SLA
Department/Client Team: SLA
FLSA Status: Exempt
MCI USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.
For consideration, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to the listed email address.
Summary: The Sr. Manager, Learning and Success, directs the professional development and learning programs, including the development, creation and execution of conferences, in-person programs and virtual PD initiatives, including serving as staff liaison to related volunteer committees.
- Manages all aspects of SLA professional development programming including in-person conferences and programs, virtual programming and collaborative programming with units and affiliated organizations.
- Oversees all aspects of the Annual Conference and Leadership Symposium including, but not limited to, overall timeline, content development, submission and review process and scheduling, speaker and keynote management and collaboration with Events, Operations and Fundraising departments.
- Develops and manages all education and training programs for SLA with assistance from related volunteer committees, including coordinating speakers and facilitators, developing program, organizing and shipping materials and evaluating results. Attends all conferences and events, as required. Provides a minimum of quarterly reports to the board on program success.
- Serve as primary staff liaison to Annual Conference Advisory Councils, Professional Development Advisory Council, Competencies Task Force, co-liaison to Board of Directors Cabinet responsible for committee management and coordination.
- Manage all aspects of education sessions, CE classes and certificate courses for professional development programming and events.
- Works with SLA Member Engagement Team to plan, coordinate and implement Unit Leader training in conjunction with the Board of Directors Cabinet.
- Manage and coordinate content development of new programming and revision of existing programming.
- Manage relationships with third party education providers including contract management, marketing efforts, and course implementation.
- Work with councils, committees and groups mentioned above to develop new education and training products.
- Work with Membership Engagement and Marketing/Communications to development marketing plans for appropriate events, training and programs.
- Supervises the Coordinator of Leadership and Learning in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Coordinator of Leadership and Learning (with Executive Director)
- Develops and manages the budget related to learning and professional development programs, including, the Annual Conference and Leadership Symposium.
- Complete MCI USA timesheets
- Other duties as assigned
- Serve on appropriate MCI USA Matrix Management Teams; and
- Function as MCI USA team member in accordance with MCI USA’s corporate vision and guiding principles.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; and four to six years related experience and/or training.
- Has launched new education programming. Experience in education, project/program management and marketing preferred.
- Proficient in Windows environment, word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), GoToMeeting & GoToWebinar, SurveyMonkey, electronic mail, and the Internet.
Other skills/competencies required:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in routine and non-routine situations.
- Excellent organizational, communication and writing skills.
- Strong work ethic, customer service attitude and attention to detail.
- Ability to function as a team player; and initiative in solving problems or making recommendations.