Staff Accountant - Chicago
Staff Accountant | MCI Group | EN
Title: Accountant / Staff Accountant
Supervisor: Vice President, Finance, Association Management & Consulting
Department/Client Team: MCI USA Finance & Operations
Location: Chicago, Illinois
For consideration, e-mail your cover letter, resume and salary requirements (absolutely required) to the listed e-mail. MCI USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.
- Monthly bank reconciliations for association management (AMC) clients as assigned (approx. 16)
- Maintain accrual schedules (Deferred Dues, Deferred Revenue, Accrued Expenses, Prepaid, etc.) on a monthly basis
- Document corresponding Journal Entries for all schedules and, once approved, enter into accounting software (Great Plains (GP) or QuickBooks)
- Maintain due to / from schedules, if needed.
- Review of monthly transaction reports from AMC client databases and subsequent import/entry into the accounting system
- Present complete and accurate reports to client lead with follow up and corresponding supporting detail, as needed.
- Assist with preparing schedules and supporting documentation for nonprofit annual audits
- Creation of AMC invoices and tracking of payments to ensure accurate A/R balances and details
- Create check requests for MCI USA payables and obtain proper approval for payment, as needed.
- Provide backup for AR Manager and AP Manager, as needed
- Miscellaneous: corporate tasks, filing, staff meetings, work with internal operations and matrix teams, other duties as assigned
- Ad hoc reporting and other duties as assigned
- MCI group participation
- Ensure accurate handling and accounting of all client receipts, input of annual budget, as needed.