MCI sets pace in sustainability for events agencies
Launch of 2014 Sustainability Report: Building Possibilities
Geneva, 15 July 2015. MCI, a leading agency in the global meetings, events, association and congress industries, today revealed impressive development in its 2014 Sustainability Report: Building Possibilities.
In the year of the 21st United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP21) – which aims to achieve a new binding agreement addressing global climate change - MCI has established itself as a sustainability leader in the events industry. Since 2010, MCI has reduced its own carbon intensity by 43% and transitioned a third of its offices towards using renewable energy sources.
Guided by the concept of People, Planet and Profit, MCI’s sixth sustainability report to date, “Building Possibilities”, details MCI’s sustainability strategy and priority areas, and assesses the performance of MCI’s client-focused activities in addition to its own internal sustainability strategy.
Alongside great strides in environmental and social performance, MCI has also become the market leader in events on the subject of energy and social and environmental sustainability, organising over 600 projects since 2010 that focus on accelerating the transition to a more sustainable world.
The report highlights the following key achievements in 2014:
- Clients: MCI organised 107 events about sustainability and energy issues. The company also delivered 25 sustainability consulting projects for corporate and institutional clients including Engineers Australia, Symantec, the Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau and Las Vegas Sands Corporation.
- Community: MCI talents volunteered a total number of 5,409 hours, raising over €284,790 and supporting 68 charity projects around the globe.
- Ethics: MCI’s Sustainability, HR and Finance teams developed a new MCI Ethics Programme to promote transparency, good governance and ethical business in the industry.
- Talent: MCI’s learning and development institute delivered over 11,000 hours of training, a 3% increase over 2013.
- Supplier Chain: 100% of MCI’s preferred global suppliers and 33% of the company’s entire supply chain are compliant with MCI’s responsible procurement policies.
Independent third party assurance on the MCI report was conducted by iCompli, a division of BPA Worldwide. Glenn Hansen, CEO of BPA Worldwide, commented, "MCI has been at the forefront of improving the sustainability of their operations and the events industry for years. Their leadership in sustainability reporting and the business results that assurance delivers provides an example to other organizations on their responsible business journey.”
For more information please contact:
Group PR & Content Manager
+41 (0) 22 33 99 549
MCI is the world’s largest provider of strategic engagement and activation solutions and has been a key driver of innovation in the meetings, events, association and congress industries since 1987. Through creative live experiences and digitization, globalization, brand enhancement and content strategies, MCI helps multinational companies and international associations enhance organizational performance, grow globally, energize communities and drive business results. An independent, privately held company with headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, MCI’s 1,800 professionals in 60 cities and 31 countries help clients across Europe, the Americas, Asia-Pacific, India, the Middle East and Africa unlock their potential and deliver real change. Find out more at www.mci-group.com.