Languages: English | Italian
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP), 2013
- Global Certificate in Meetings and Events, from Meeting Professionals International (MPI), 2012
- Certificate in Professional Association Management (CPAM), 2012
- B.A. Italian, University College Dublin
Jean joined the team at MCI Dublin as Director of Conferences in August 2008. Having previously worked as a Trade Representative for Fáilte Ireland in Milan and Tourism Ireland in the US as a Business Tourism Manager, Jean brings a tremendous amount of international industry experience to the team at MCI Dublin. In 2011, Jean became the European Director – Association Relations at MCI Group. She is responsible for the strategic planning and execution for all of the company’s European offices. She also served as the CEO of the Dublin Convention Bureau for five years.
What are three words that describe your personality?
- Driven, strategic and passionate.
Best book you have ever read?
- Lean In, by Sheryl Sandberg
What do you love most about working at MCI?
- This is a culture of learning and doing. I highly value the fact that MCI has its own institute – this is a culture of supporting people through continued education.
Areas of expertise:
- Conference Management
- Strategic Marketing
- Business Tourism and Development
- Negotiation skills
- 18 years Meetings Industry Experience
- PR and Marketing Manager of the Association of Irish Professional Conference Organizers (AIPCO)
- Only Irish Member on UK&I Executive Committee of ICCA (International Congress and Convention Association)
- Representative of MCI Dublin
- International Association of Professional Conference Organisers IAPCO
- Fáilte Ireland Business Tourism working group
Awards: HSMAI Sales and Marketing Strategy Award winner, Best Professional Conference Organiser at the Irish Independent Event Industry