- Irish Tour Operators Association
- Site Ireland
- Network Dublin
- BSc. Hons, Environmental Science, University of Greenwich
Marie has an extensive 18 years of sales industry experience, having worked within the meetings and incentive market for 18 years in both the UK and Ireland. Marie started her career at the Royal Town Planning Institute in London, quickly progressing to Conference Manager, creating the annual conference series for the 35,000+ members of the RTPI. She decided to follow her family back to Ireland in 2000, where she moved into the incentive market and secured a role with Delaney Marketing (later rebranded as Ovation) within operations. Marie then became a proposal writer within the sales division of Ovation. In 2008 Marie took up the role of Head of Sales at The Convention Centre Dublin at construction stage. Marie spent 5 years at The Convention Centre Dublin, 2 years pre-opening and 3 years after its opening date in 2010.
What are three personality traits that would describe you?
- Hard-working, loyal and optimistic.
What do you love most about working for MCI?
- For me, it’s the team. Everyone has a great energy and works really well together and there is no sense of a hierarchy. Everyone wants to be involved.
What is your favourite MCI event that you have worked on?
- IDL Pernod Ricard (Irish Distillers). This was the first time our entire department worked as one. Every team member’s expertise leads to an amazing event for 650 sales persons from the US.
Areas of expertise:
- International Business Incentives