MCI 2011 Sustainability Report
Creating Value: Through inspiring stories, video and interactive elements, the MCI Sustainability Report 2011 tells the story of how MCI Talent is transforming the culture and sustainability of MCI, leaving a sustainable legacy in communities around the world. It includes a summary of the MCI CSR strategy, a performance scorecard and the results of stakeholder sustainability surveys. It serves as MCI’s UN Global Compact Communication on Progress and received a C-Level Application Check Certificate upon evaluation by GRI.
Highlights of the 2011 report include:
- Improving operational sustainability performance with 35 MCI offices (74%) measuring impacts (up from 5 in 2009) and 85% of offices with a detailed sustainability plan for 2012.
- Reducing client risks and impacts by launching the Event Safety and Sustainability (ESST) tool, and committing to assess risks of all MCIs events – a meetings and events industry first!
- Better engaging the supply chain with 67 key international partners (representing 45% of group spend) now subscribing to the MCI Supplier Code of Conduct
- Engaging MCI talent, with 64% of staff claiming to have changed their behaviour at work as a result of the MCI CSR Programme.
- Giving back to the community, with MCI talent investing 1253 hours of time and raising €207,997 for 52 community projects around the world.
- Organizing and consulting to over 89 of the world’s leading events focused on energy and sustainable development including the Corporate Sustainability Forum at the RIO+20 Conference, the GRI Global Conference on Sustainability and Transparency, and the Asian Business Summit on Climate Leadership.
- Promoting change in the meeting industry, by active involvement in the development and implementation of the GRI, ISO20121 and APEX-ASTM Sustainable event frameworks, and delivering over 129 keynotes about sustainability to over 18000 people since 2009.
Click here to watch the 2011 Report being introduced by MCI’s CEO, Sébastien Tondeur.
- “Creating Value, the 2011 MCI Sustainablility Report” - Download PDF
- 2011 – Additional Disclosures including the GRI Reporting Index and the UN Global Compact Communication on Progress - Download PDF
- “Taking Action, the 2010 MCI Sustainability Report” - Link
- The inaugural 2009 MCI CSR Report - Link