Sales Planning and Product Buyer
At MCI, we believe that when people come together, magic happens. That is why we have been bringing people together through innovative meetings, events, congresses and association management since 1987.
Through face-to-face, hybrid and digital experiences, we help companies and associations to strategically engage and activate their target audiences, building the dedicated online and offline communities they need to strengthen their brands and boost their performance.
We are seeking an experienced professional with strong research and proposal writing skills to join our team in our Toronto office as Sales Planning & Product Buyer. This position will be responsible for the preparation of creative, comprehensive proposals and budgets for meetings and incentive events in our Corporate Division.
If you enjoy working in a collaborative team environment that thrives on creating the best experiences for our clients then you will want to come and be part of our team!
- Research, develop and write innovative & creative meeting and incentive proposals that win new clients and retain existing clients
- Develop detailed costings and budgets
- Review, negotiate and sign off on all vendor contracts signed by MCI on behalf of our clients
- Follow planning processes to ensure sales briefs, hotel and DMC RFP’s, client history information (if a repeat program) are included in all new project files
- Act as a liaison with clients as required for proposal development and arranging site inspections
- Act as liaison & build strong relationships with key suppliers including hotels, airlines, cruise lines, tourist boards, convention visitor bureaus, venues, transportation companies, entertainment companies and acts, restaurants, and DMCs to develop winning presentations for MCI clients
- Demonstrate a relentless approach to negotiations while maintaining positive relationships with third parties
- Act as a subject matter expert on destination options
- Ensure that industry knowledge is in accordance with ‘best practices’ in the marketplace
- Actively promote and contribute to the development of MCI’s organizational culture, vision, business systems, policies and procedures
Required Experience, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum of 3 years of directly relevant industry experience (meeting, incentive, event industry)
- Degree or Diploma in Hospitality/Event Management, Business/Communications or other related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrated research skills
- Excellent verbal and written professional communication skills
- Enjoys overcoming objections/resistance and achieving goals in the face of obstacles, excellent troubleshooter and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Great customer service orientation and a positive attitude
- Well-developed time management skills with a logical approach to work: highly organized, efficient, and detail-oriented
- Interest in and commitment to ongoing learning
- Strong computer skills are a must:
- Highly proficient levels in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Cvent experience is an asset
- Effectively able to use computer software and technology to organize and present information
- Extremely logical, task oriented and analytical
- Willingness to travel in Canada and internationally as required
We are not just offering jobs. These are challenging career development positions for talented candidates who have a commitment for excellence, are team oriented and focused on delivering a quality service to our clients.
We are committed to building and nurturing a dynamic workforce which thrives on delivering the best experience for our clients.
MCI’s commitment to employee development is clearly demonstrated by the MCI Institute, MCI’s in-house learning provider.
We embrace sustainability, recognizing the many ways it generates value for both our organisation and our clients.
Our diverse global talents represent our most precious resource and this is reflected in our approach to talent management, which is guided by our core values:
- Living by Growth
- Promoting Entrepreneurship
- Believing in People
- Building Fair Relations