Senior Manager of Sales
Senior Manager | MCI United States | EN
Join the MCI USA growing fundraising & sales team. We are looking for a motivated professional who likes to sell and generate revenue for associations. A great opportunity for a current entry-level sales professional to take it to the next level and be part of an experienced sales team.
- Design, implement and sell industry suppliers exhibit, advertising, and sponsorship for in-person and virtual programs.
- Develop revenue programs that cultivate and secure industry supplier funds, while supporting specific client priorities.
- Develop individual giving strategies.
Fundraising & Sales Duties:
- Meet regularly with client chief staff executives and fundraising department colleagues to understand major priorities and goals, and to provide timely information on fundraising activities.
- Perform research to ensure strategic effectiveness and growth in new prospects, with a special emphasis on developing high value-exchange corporate alliances.
- Make outreach to potential and renewing sponsors/advertisers; keep detailed records of solicitation activities in client databases; and continuously develop new relationships with client prospects.
- Create and deliver sponsorship presentations to potential and renewing sponsors/advertisers.
- Develop and prepare funding proposals for potential and renewing sponsors/advertisers; manage the proposal submission process and follow-through; and monitor proposal deadlines to ensure closure.
- Communicate effectively with sponsors/advertisers through face-to-face solicitation and stewardship meetings, as well as ongoing and strategic written and e-communication strategies
- Support execution of targeted events as it pertains to industry supplier involvement.
- Ensure that stewardship and reporting requirements are met to sustain successful corporate partnerships and sponsor relations.
- Provide monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue forecasts, reports, and analysis to client chief staff executive and fundraising department leadership.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Collegial, collaborative style.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple requests.
- Good decision-making skills, tactful, good listener, willingness to search out answers, ability to recognize when others need to be involved in activities or decisions.
- Creative, curious, great sense of humor, high energy level, and an enthusiasm for meeting and working with a wide range of individuals.
- Understanding of industry supplier needs and perceptions.
- Strong sales ethics and respect for confidentiality of industry supplier information as it pertains to their involvement with the association.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite; AMS software experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated success in corporate partnerships, sponsorship, exhibit and/or advertising sales.
- 2-3 years of sales experience at a non-profit organization, association, and/or foundation.
- Familiarity with cause-related organizations a plus.
- Ability to engage participation from all levels, and generate passion for the client’s work, both internally and externally.
- Disciplined self-starter who regularly exceeds goals.
- Ability to work well in a team environment is essential.
- Ability to travel to client events or meet with industry suppliers as needed.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.
MCI USA is committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. BIPOC applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
MCI USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.