Establishing a Presence in Europe
An association representing 130,000 members in 158 countries had difficulty trying to enter new markets and offer new products.
The association needed to:
- Gather intelligence to understand the European market.
- Define marketing and sales objectives.
- Establish a pilot program in a selected market.
After establishing a successful business in North America, the association’s training and development (T&D) department decided to pursue a more global approach, which included a “European Training Development Strategy” for training programs throughout Europe; one of the first markets targeted for expansion.
- The association implemented education in Europe in just six years.
- Education programs have emerged consistently in Europe with double-digit compound annual growth.
- The association now runs more than 40 courses a year across Europe.
- The T&D department is a well-recognized international education platform that annually provides training — offline and online — to more than 10,000 engineers across the globe.