Reinvigorating a Sponsorship Program
Reinvigorating a Sponsorship Program | MCI United Sates | EN
An association had an undervalued sponsorship program run by volunteers with little to no fundraising experience — and a list of prospective sponsors eager to get their foot in the door.
The association needed to:
- Ramp up its sponsorship program.
- Change its sponsorship organizational structure.
- Build new relationships with potential sponsors.
MCI USA created and implemented a three-prong strategy that allowed sponsoring companies to participate in conferences, did damage control with previous sponsors who had received little ROI, and reimagined the entire program to include new and exciting opportunities.
- Non-dues revenue increased by 38% from 2014–2015 and by 22% from 2015–2016.
- Sponsor retention has been at 100% since 2015.
- The association continues to attract new prospective supporters.