Project Manager | MCI Group | Events
To act as the Project Manager and be responsible for the development, production and delivery of projects from proposal, to delivery, to debrief and final reconciliation line with client’s requirements.
- To deliver events and projects on time within budget and to meet and exceed client’s expectations.
- To actively set, communicate and maintain timelines and priorities on every project.
- To effectively communicate, maintain and develop client relationships with a view to retaining existing business and developing new opportunities.
- To manage supplier relationships and to actively see opportunities and cross sell MCI product practices.
- To manage operational and administrative functions as required to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of specific projects.
- To provide leadership, direction and support to the team whilst maintaining motivation and enthusiasm to successfully deliver the project.
- To travel on site inspections and attend and project manage events as required.
- To be fully responsible for all project budgets from conception through to reconciliation.
- To pro-actively report up on development of projects to the Client lead.
- To drive for excellence in customer service and quality delivery.
- To monitor and maintain quality and adherence to processes, identifying and contributing to their improvement.
- To represent MCI UK (and the wider group) as and when necessary or appropriate.
Experience & Attributes
- Three years relevant experience with management responsibilities.
- Educated to degree level/professional qualification or qualified by experience.
- Experience of planning, developing and delivering events and communication programmes in the private and/or public sectors.
- Experience of digital or virtual events – or an active desire to learn on the job.
- Experience of working across industry sectors.
- Good destination knowledge of UK and overseas.
- Proven experience in budget monitoring and management.
- Proven track record of managing large scale projects in a service environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Interest in current business issues.
- You’ll be able to deal with tight deadlines and be calm under pressure.
- You’ll be fluent in both written and spoken English and be eligible to work in the UK.
- UK & International travel will be required as part of the role.
- Most importantly you’ll have a dynamic, positive and energetic outlook.