Sales Account Executive, Full-Service Association Sales
Sales Account Executive | MCI Group | Events
Our team is growing! We are looking for a Sales Account Executive to deliver the day-to-day sales effort for our Association clients. Our clients are Associations serving as professional membership organizations in various industries, including legal, education, government, and more.
Account Executives sell exhibit space and sponsorships at conferences and large trade shows, sponsorship of virtual events, print advertising in association magazines, digital advertising on association websites, e-newsletters, and other digital properties, webinar sponsorships, sponsored content/native advertising in association media channels, and integrated media programs/corporate sponsorships across the sales platform.
- Deliver an active, outbound sales effort to generate revenue for our Association clients;
- Spend 50-75% of your time meeting with prospects and customers via phone and video;
- Manage sales quotas and deadlines across multiple projects;
- Meet regularly with your Sales Manager and our clients to understand major priorities and goals, partner with your sales manager to deliver new ideas to generate revenue;
- Complete RFPs and proposal for prospects and customers;
- Work with current customers (estimated 50% of sales will be with current customers);
- Prospect and find new leads (estimated 50% of sales will be new business);
- Manage needed administrative functions including logging all sales activities in Salesforce;
- Partner with Marketing to generate email marketing campaigns to support your sales effort;
- Stay up to date on industry trends in media sales, events, association management, and vertical markets managed;
- Communicate effectively with external clients and internal team members to drive sales results.
- Interest in advertising, digital media, and events encouraged;
- Excellent written and verbal communicator;
- Solutions-oriented, creative problem solver;
- High degree of emotional intelligence and an innate tendency to stick with it;
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to timelines and deadlines;
- Good decision-making skills, tactful, good listener, willingness to search out answers, ability to recognize when others need to be involved in activities or decisions;
- Creative, curious, positive, high energy level, and an enthusiasm for meeting and working with a wide range of individuals;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced sales environment and adapt quickly to new projects.
- 2+ years sales experience in a professional services environment;
- Understanding of corporate partnerships, sponsorship, exhibit and/or advertising sales desired;
- Experience at a non-profit organization, association, and/or foundation a plus;
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Teams, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Ability to travel for client meetings and events
Interested candidates should include their salary requirements with cover letter and resume when applying.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.
MCI USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
BIPOC applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.