Sales Manager, Full-Service Association Sales
Sales Manager | MCI Group | Events
The Sales Manager/Director is responsible for managing the day-to-day sales operations for an assigned number of association-client accounts. This individual will be responsible external client management and leading a team of sales account executives to deliver print, digital, exhibit, and event sponsorship revenue.
The title says Sales Manager, but what we really need is someone who excels in sales management, project management, and team management.
* Compensation for this role is between $90,000 - $100,000 plus additional incentive compensation may be achieved based on team performance.
- Meet regularly with association client executives to understand major priorities and goals and to create sales programs to deliver revenue;
- Work with our association clients to develop new products to drive advertising and sponsorship revenue, including digital media, print media, virtual and face-to-face event sponsorships;
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the assigned sales teams including meeting with each individual/team to ensure the development of sales plan, accountability to meet and exceed defined goals, call observation, annual reviews;
- Coach and develop assigned sales account executives at various stage of their career;
- Manage project workflows internally and externally;
- Manage needed administrative functions including reporting, forecasting, process development, budget planning, travel planning and marketing planning for assigned teams;
- Solutions-oriented, creative problem solver;
- High degree of emotional intelligence and an innate tendency to stick with it;
- Strategic thinker with ability to multi-task and adhere to timelines and deadlines;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to adjust your communication style for internal and external audiences;
- Solution-based sales experience and the ability to deliver and coach to a consultative sales approach;
- Good decision-making skills, tactful, good listener, willingness to search out answers, ability to recognize when others need to be involved in activities or decisions;
- Creative, curious, positive, high energy level, and an enthusiasm for meeting and working with a wide range of individuals;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced sales environment and adapt quickly to new projects.
- 3-5 years sales experience in a professional services environment plus 1-2 years of management experience
- Demonstrated success in corporate partnerships, sponsorship, exhibit and/or advertising sales.
- Experience at a non-profit organization, association, and/or foundation preferred
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Teams, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Ability to travel for client meetings and events
- Communicate effectively with external clients and internal team members to drive sales results.
Interested candidates should include their salary requirements with cover letter and resume when applying.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.
MCI USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
BIPOC applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.