Association Sales Director
At MCI, we believe that when people come together, magic happens. That is why we have been bringing people together through innovative meetings, events, congresses and association management since 1987.
Through face-to-face, hybrid and digital experiences, we help companies and associations to strategically engage and activate their target audiences, building the dedicated online and offline communities they need to strengthen their brands and boost their performance.
The Association Sales Director leads MCI UK institutional sales including the achievement of financial targets and the building of relationships with potential key clients.
- To proactively drive and win new business leads for the division
- To achieve agreed divisional financial targets
- To develop and maintain a database of at least 50 primary hot new business prospects
- To manage all processes associated with the development and management of the division’s new business prospects in liaison with the Sales and Client Development Manager.
- To contribute to the development and delivery of the division’s sales plan
- To actively inform and sell all MCI product practices to maximise fee opportunities
- To contribute and support the development of sales tools and databases to enable an efficient, tailored, proposal and pitch process that wins in liaison with the Sales Team
- To present as either lead or as a support member of pitch teams as agreed
- As may be required, lead, author, support, contribute, be responsible for RFI, RFP responses, proposals and presentations.
- In liaison with the sales team, build relationships with key industry contacts and networks
- To attend key industry events in liaison with the sales team.
SPECIFIC TECHNICAL SKILLS
- At least 5 years relevant association sales experience
- Strategic business development experience
- Accounting and pricing acumen
- Ability to build relationships at all levels
- Interest in current business issues
ADDITIONAL LOCAL REQUIREMENTS
- Computer literate in Microsoft products
- Full UK driving licence
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Eligible to work in the UK
- UK & International travel required
We are not just offering jobs. These are challenging career development positions for talented candidates who have a commitment for excellence, are team oriented and focused on delivering a quality service to our clients.
We are committed to building and nurturing a dynamic workforce which thrives on delivering the best experience for our clients.
MCI’s commitment to employee development is clearly demonstrated by the MCI Institute, MCI’s in-house learning provider.
We embrace sustainability, recognizing the many ways it generates value for both our organisation and our clients.
Our diverse global talents represent our most precious resource and this is reflected in our approach to talent management, which is guided by our core values:
- Living by Growth
- Promoting Entrepreneurship
- Believing in People
- Building Fair Relations