Business Development Intern
At MCI, we believe that when people come together, magic happens. That is why we have been bringing people together through innovative meetings, events, congresses and association management since 1987.
Through face-to-face, hybrid and digital experiences, we help companies and associations to strategically engage and activate their target audiences, building the dedicated online and offline communities they need to strengthen their brands and boost their performance.
MCI Amsterdam is part of the MCI Group, which has its headquarters located in Geneva, Switzerland. It is an independent, global association-, communications- and event management company with over 60 offices in over 30 countries. For companies, we design and deliver meetings, experiences, event production and incentives. For associations, we manage and grow communities as well as design and organize congresses.
To assist achieving the company's growth ambition, your key assignment is to support the Benelux (Amsterdam & Brussels) Business Development department throughout the whole sales process. This function allows plenty of room for own initiatives:
- Actively building on current client potential and relationship
- Prospecting and identifying qualified business leads
- Securing sales appointments trough a multichannel sales approach
- Proactively reporting on project timelines and activities
- Mappings out strategic plans to build the client base
- Orchestrating and writing winning proposals, reflecting the company's value proposition
- Researching and analyzing relevant market developments and trends
- Attending and participating in group sales training programs
- Monitoring and managing CRM database in a timely and accurate manner
- Driving for excellence in customer service, quality delivery and lobbying to stakeholders
- Assisting in general and administrative duties for the department & across the company as and when required
- Maintaining quality and adherence to processes, also identifying and contributing to their improvement
- You are studying in the hotel/tourism/commercial area
- You are fluent in English and preferably fluent in Dutch
- You are available 6 months or more
- You are entrepreneurial, inventive and stress resistant
- You can work individually, but you can also work well in a team
- You have an eye for detail
- You are flexible, especially in busy periods
- You have intermediate computer skills, including knowledge and experience in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- You feel comfortable in a professional, but informal work environment
- You share and represent the company values
- The possibility to combine working within the department with school assignments
- A supportive and dynamic team
- An opportunity to grow in an expanding company
- A monthly remuneration
- A pleasant workplace in an informal atmosphere
- Continuous online learning and development trough the MCI institute
If you are interested in an internship at MCI Amsterdam, and you would like to kick-start your career in the congress and event business, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are not just offering jobs. These are challenging career development positions for talented candidates who have a commitment for excellence, are team oriented and focused on delivering a quality service to our clients.
We are committed to building and nurturing a dynamic workforce which thrives on delivering the best experience for our clients.
MCI’s commitment to employee development is clearly demonstrated by the MCI Institute, MCI’s in-house learning provider.
We embrace sustainability, recognizing the many ways it generates value for both our organisation and our clients.
Our diverse global talents represent our most precious resource and this is reflected in our approach to talent management, which is guided by our core values:
- Living by Growth
- Promoting Entrepreneurship
- Believing in People
- Building Fair Relations