Community Development Executive
At MCI, we believe that when people come together, magic happens. That is why we have been bringing people together through innovative meetings, events, congresses and association management since 1987.
Through face-to-face, hybrid and digital experiences, we help companies and associations to strategically engage and activate their target audiences, building the dedicated online and offline communities they need to strengthen their brands and boost their performance.
The Community Development Executive is responsible for the day-to-day operational support of one or more Associations and Staff Teams. The Community Development Executive must be able to provide excellent management of client and support team in the facilitation of client’s day-to-day operations to achieve maximum service potential, and to promote the development of individual staff members.
Stakeholder Engagement (30%)
- Act as a liaison between Association organizations (Board, Volunteers, Committees and/or Chapters) and other MCI Departments to ensure cooperative environment.
- Advise client and staff team on answers to critical questions concerning activities, problems or issues and provide reports both verbally and in written format to the team.
- Monitor and be aware of client satisfaction from personal contact. Answer inquiries and complaints judiciously both verbally and in written format.
- Maintain good client relations and build positive working relationships.
Market Development (30%)
- Deliver/implement MCI's value-added services ranging from: supporting various Committees/ Councils, regional groups (affiliates and chapters) in Asia Pacific and the client membership base to actively promoting activities through marketing efforts.
- Roll out business development activities and prioritize those that will yield greatest return for the client and MCI
- Assist Executive Director in all areas of Association Management
- Administer day-to-day maintenance of staff and client corporate records
- Utilize general knowledge and practical use of financial tools to manage client financial budgets on a day-to-day basis and ensure adherence to budget guidelines and objectives.
- Make decisions after thorough evaluation and forge a course of action in conjunction with goals and objectives of the client and MCI
- Write business plans and proposals that anticipate and/or meet a client need.
- Set priorities for utilizing resources and planning short-term task objectives that enhance current service.
- Allocate people and resources through to meet objectives and investigate and implement ways to improve the efficiency of a service or operation.
- Ensure work is within a pre-scheduled budget and is completed expeditiously with accuracy and exceptional quality.
- Provide direction on individual staff development. Appraise and evaluate individual team member performance.
& Strategy Development (15%)
DESCRIPTION OF THE RELATIONSHIPS
The Community Development Executive reports to the Association Executive Director or Client Director. The Community Development Executive works closely with Community Development Coordinators, Operation Managers, MarComm Managers and Finance.
We are not just offering jobs. These are challenging career development positions for talented candidates who have a commitment for excellence, are team oriented and focused on delivering a quality service to our clients.
We are committed to building and nurturing a dynamic workforce which thrives on delivering the best experience for our clients.
MCI’s commitment to employee development is clearly demonstrated by the MCI Institute, MCI’s in-house learning provider.
We embrace sustainability, recognizing the many ways it generates value for both our organisation and our clients.
Our diverse global talents represent our most precious resource and this is reflected in our approach to talent management, which is guided by our core values:
- Living by Growth
- Promoting Entrepreneurship
- Believing in People
- Building Fair Relations