Conference Sales Manager
At MCI, we believe that when people come together, magic happens. That is why we have been bringing people together through innovative meetings, events, congresses and association management since 1987.
Through face-to-face, hybrid and digital experiences, we help companies and associations to strategically engage and activate their target audiences, building the dedicated online and offline communities they need to strengthen their brands and boost their performance.
The Conference Sales Manager create conferences and trainings; from writing content to project management with a business driven approach of achieving bottom-line results.
- Desk Research in order to generate an understanding of a proposed topic
- Research calls to the primary and secondary market to understand market trends
- Writing the content of the conference: Industry Overview, Conference Overview, Target Market and Topics
- Qualify, invite & secure high level speakers to cover the key topics
- Self-driven approach to generate new ideas on ways to grow existing ones
SPONSORSHIP AND SALES (SPEX)
- Call prospective vendors to gauge their interest in investing in the event
- Preparing sponsorship and sales briefs
- Assist spex in their research to generate more leads
- Accompanying the sponsorship manager (wherever required) to meetings
- Driving weekly / bi-weekly meetings with team to ensure they are on track with the projects
- Working hand-in-hand with marketing to ensure effective promotion of the event
- Monitoring marketing campaigns and contributing to all aspects of marketing
- Writing press releases and eshots for the event
- Writing the content and promotional literature for the website
- Assist marketing in securing government and ministry endorsements
- Working closely with marketing to create and maintain social media campaigns and communities
- Responsible for driving the overall profitability of the event
- Creating event budgets
- Working closely with operations to keep the costs under control
- Running the conference onsite
- Ensuring the set-up is complete well before the conference begins
- Delivering the welcome note on behalf of MCI Middle East
- Ensuring all speakers are present and their presentations are queued according to the order they are presenting
- Dealing with sponsors and sponsor related issues onsite
- Networking with participants to generate feedback for growing the event and coming up with new events
- Leading the onsite team for the smooth running of the event and a complete hospitable experience
- Coordinating with the press and media partners for successful coverage of the event
- Preparing post conference reports and analysis for internal use and to publish wherever required by marketing
- Entrepreneurial approach: Think Business; Think Profit
- Ability to multi-task and work on more than one event at a time
- International travel compulsory
- 1 to 3 years of experience in similar position
We are not just offering jobs. These are challenging career development positions for talented candidates who have a commitment for excellence, are team oriented and focused on delivering a quality service to our clients.
We are committed to building and nurturing a dynamic workforce which thrives on delivering the best experience for our clients.
MCI’s commitment to employee development is clearly demonstrated by the MCI Institute, MCI’s in-house learning provider.
We embrace sustainability, recognizing the many ways it generates value for both our organisation and our clients.
Our diverse global talents represent our most precious resource and this is reflected in our approach to talent management, which is guided by our core values:
- Living by Growth
- Promoting Entrepreneurship
- Believing in People
- Building Fair Relations