Project Manager DMC
Destination Services within the MCI Group is delivered under the Ovation brand. With 20+ years of expertise, Ovation Global DMC is established as a truly global organisation providing associations, corporations and agencies with DMC expertise at 100+ international locations on five continents.
At MCI, we believe that when people come together, magic happens. That is why we have been bringing people together through innovative meetings, events, congresses and association management since 1987.
Through face-to-face, hybrid and digital experiences, we help companies and associations to strategically engage and activate their target audiences, building the dedicated online and offline communities they need to strengthen their brands and boost their performance.
Ovation Spain is a leading DMC in Spain with offices in Barcelona and Madrid. We draw on the experience of an expert local management team in operating high touch incentive and corporate meeting programmes for national and international customers, whereby we operate all over Spain.
We are presently expanding our Madrid office with the following position:
PROJECT MANAGER DMC
Ovation Global DMC · Madrid Area, Spain
Your role is to work in the Madrid office by providing project management support in the Destination Management team: budgeting, planning and organizing international events (third parties and corporate clients). That means being pro-active in the development of client relationships in order to maintain and increase business opportunities.
* Receive, qualify and manage client requests for proposals and information.
* Obtain quotations and negotiate with Providers and Partners
* Create and sell innovative proposals for events, incentives, meetings and conferences in Spain
* Manage reservation and confirmation process with clients and providers (hotels, restaurants, transport…)
* Onsite assistance in the management and production of the events
* Close the event file, managing the billing and invoicing process to clients and partners
* Provide a detailed financial summary to management showing profit and costs of projects
* Minimum of 2-3 years proven experience working in a leading DMC company focused on Event management
* Fluent in read, written and spoken Spanish and English. Additional languages are a plus (German, French…)
* Computer literate in Microsoft products
* Undeniable passion and knowledge about Madrid as MICE destination (culture, destinations, venues…)
* Sense of humour, determination, passion to learn, common sense and integrity
* Excellent teamwork, relationship building and written communications skills
We are not just offering jobs. These are challenging career development positions for talented candidates who have a commitment for excellence, are team oriented and focused on delivering a quality service to our clients.
We are committed to building and nurturing a dynamic workforce which thrives on delivering the best experience for our clients.
MCI’s commitment to employee development is clearly demonstrated by the MCI Institute, MCI’s in-house learning provider.
We embrace sustainability, recognizing the many ways it generates value for both our organisation and our clients.
Our diverse global talents represent our most precious resource and this is reflected in our approach to talent management, which is guided by our core values:
- Living by Growth
- Promoting Entrepreneurship
- Believing in People
- Building Fair Relations