Functional Application Coordinator
At MCI, we believe that when people come together, magic happens. That is why we have been bringing people together through innovative meetings, events, congresses and association management since 1987.
Through face-to-face, hybrid and digital experiences, we help companies and associations to strategically engage and activate their target audiences, building the dedicated online and offline communities they need to strengthen their brands and boost their performance.
At MCI, we believe that when people come together, magic happens. That is why we’ve been bringing people together through innovative meetings, events, congresses and association management since 1987.
As our new Functional Application Coordinator within the registration department of our PCO (Professional Congress Organization) Division, your mission will consist of managing, developing and maintaining our main business tool and application (B-Com). You will be the key contact for the congress project managers and the registration system coordinators to give advice on how to optimize the use of our software system. You are the link between the operational team in Amsterdam and the software development team at our headquarters in Geneva, solving issues in a timely matter, offering the best solutions to the client and proposing new developments.
Within our team, the Functional Application Coordinator forms the bridge between the business and IT for our registration software business related issues. Therefore, you can easily switch between content and process and manage the adequate use and functionality of the system for multiple end users. You are driven by your passion for supporting business processes with Information Management strategies
Together with the Project Management team as well as with the person in charge of the congress in the Registration and Hotel Department, you will participate in different stages of the organization of Congresses: implementing on-line registration; administrative and statistical management of data; "on-site" logistic.
In the operational part of this position, you are in charge of the implementation of events, administration and delivery of meetings to the highest standard, and within exact deadlines in the private and/or public sector in an international environment. Work on report for new development and propose solutions which can be offered to clients. Dialogue continuously with development team in order to find solutions and guide developments.
- Setup of congress registration websites based on a standard set of features and integration of new developments when launched by the software development team, customized per client/project
- Business Analytics, improving the business processes of the registration department from an IT perspective, create user manuals and reports
- Maintaining version control
- Functional Application coordination, liaise between the clients requests and system possibilities and implementation with the best possible solutions or alternatives
- Software testing of our registration software when technical developments have been launched by our development team in Geneva
- Incident management and handling service requests relating to our registration software system
- Communication with internal and external stakeholders about incidents, service requests, changes and projects
- IT coordination (both at the office in Amsterdam as during congresses all over the world)
- Deal with a varied set of projects within an international environment.
- Layout customization of event registration website in relation to the needs of clients
- Training for new users and continuing training
- Deliver setups incl. hardware and test features of the registration system onsite during a congress in a congress venue worldwide
- Holder of a Vocational Education (MBO level 4) or equivalent degree in computing/development science
- Interest in Event Management
- Fluent in Dutch and English both written and spoken
- You demonstrate strong methodology, communication and strong computer skills
- Experience with Windows 10 and Office 365
- Knowledge of CSS, HTML and Java Script will be an asset
- Experience with (congress) registration systems is an asset
- Flexibility to work in weekends or evenings
- Flexibility to travel internationally
If you think you are the right person for this job, please send an email with resume to AmsterdamJobs@mci-group.com
We are not just offering jobs. These are challenging career development positions for talented candidates who have a commitment for excellence, are team oriented and focused on delivering a quality service to our clients.
We are committed to building and nurturing a dynamic workforce which thrives on delivering the best experience for our clients.
MCI’s commitment to employee development is clearly demonstrated by the MCI Institute, MCI’s in-house learning provider.
We embrace sustainability, recognizing the many ways it generates value for both our organisation and our clients.
Our diverse global talents represent our most precious resource and this is reflected in our approach to talent management, which is guided by our core values:
- Living by Growth
- Promoting Entrepreneurship
- Believing in People
- Building Fair Relations