Hotel Procurement Intern
At MCI, we believe that when people come together, magic happens. That is why we have been bringing people together through innovative meetings, events, congresses and association management since 1987.
Through face-to-face, hybrid and digital experiences, we help companies and associations to strategically engage and activate their target audiences, building the dedicated online and offline communities they need to strengthen their brands and boost their performance.
MCI Amsterdam is part of the MCI group, which has its headquarters located in Geneva, Switzerland. MCI is globally the leader in congress and event management, with 62 offices and 38 countries. For the Institutional Division, MCI Amsterdam is currently looking for an intern. Under the guidance of the Procurement Team you will play an important role in the process of purchasing hotel room blocks for a range of international congresses, from 150 to 15.000 participants.
You will be assisting in the process of purchasing the hotel rooms needed for our congresses; this includes the selection of properties, the communication with the chains and independent properties, the administrative handling of contracts. You will be in constant communication with hotels and destinations selected (all over the world), as well as the local offices of international hotel chains. As part of this versatile position you will be responsible for tasks that include (but are not limited to):
- Administration of hotel contracts
- Preparation of site inspections and of contracting for local and foreign hotels
- Assistance with the selection of hotel portfolio per event
- Regular communications by email and phone with hotels mainly in English and Dutch
- Benchmarking, collocation and interpretation of (statistical) data
- Preparations of reports and statistics
- Maintenance of Hotel Database
- Liaison with the Hotel Operations & Project Management teams
- Joining presentations of (international) hotel chains
- You are studying tourism, hotel management, procurement or business
- Your English is fluent (a second European language is preferred like: Dutch, French, German, Swedish etc.)
- You are available for a minimum of 5 months
- You are flexible, especially in busy periods
- You are enterprising, inventive and stress resistant
- You can work individually, but you can also work well in a team
- You are experienced in working with computers, especially with Word and Excel
- You can represent the company and its values
- You feel comfortable in a professional, but informal work environment
- The possibility to combine the work within the department with school assignments
- A monthly remuneration
- A pleasant workplace in an informal atmosphere
- A good learning environment in a growing company
If you are interested in an internship at MCI Amsterdam, and you would like to have a good start of your career in the congress and event business, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are not just offering jobs. These are challenging career development positions for talented candidates who have a commitment for excellence, are team oriented and focused on delivering a quality service to our clients.
We are committed to building and nurturing a dynamic workforce which thrives on delivering the best experience for our clients.
MCI’s commitment to employee development is clearly demonstrated by the MCI Institute, MCI’s in-house learning provider.
We embrace sustainability, recognizing the many ways it generates value for both our organisation and our clients.
Our diverse global talents represent our most precious resource and this is reflected in our approach to talent management, which is guided by our core values:
- Living by Growth
- Promoting Entrepreneurship
- Believing in People
- Building Fair Relations