Events Sales Assistant - Corporate Venue Finding
At MCI, we believe that when people come together, magic happens. That is why we have been bringing people together through innovative meetings, events, congresses and association management since 1987.
Through face-to-face, hybrid and digital experiences, we help companies and associations to strategically engage and activate their target audiences, building the dedicated online and offline communities they need to strengthen their brands and boost their performance.
- Venue finding services, the first step to winning business, provide suggestions, checking availability, secure venues and dates
- General office administration to include job number generation, ESST process, internal presentations, managing client hospitality and financial accounts support following up on invoices etc.
- Manage small and medium size projects
- Marketing support to include Facebook updates, collating material for newsletter and MCI case studies
- Master database management and development and updating existing contacts with new details.
- Hospitality, preparing initial proposal, costs and scope the Return on Investment (ROI).
- Support for Account Managers - planning and preparation of proposals
- Minimum one year workforce experience and/or tertiary qualifications in events, business, hospitality, marketing, or similar
- Willing to work to extended working hours on occasion
- Fluent in English to Cambridge standard, proficient in both written and spoken communication
- Customer focus: confidence, assertiveness, customer service
- Workplace contribution: positive addition to workplace through attitude and output, shows respect for others, is diplomatic, practices integrity, adheres to WH&S requirements and participates in CSR activities
- Professionalism: personal presentation, upholds company branding, commitment to quality
- Experience in event management sector would be an advantage
- Be flexible and adaptable while being aware that the focus is always on finding the best solution for the client
- Be reliable in performance with consistency in high quality output, meeting deadlines
- Be good at problem solving and decision making, using initiative with sound judgement
- Demonstrate initiative and confidence, be resourceful, and have a positive influence on people
- Have an eye for detail, effective at proof reading, time management and time planning
- Be able to work productively and collaboratively with others as a team player
We are not just offering jobs. These are challenging career development positions for talented candidates who have a commitment for excellence, are team oriented and focused on delivering a quality service to our clients.
We are committed to building and nurturing a dynamic workforce which thrives on delivering the best experience for our clients.
MCI’s commitment to employee development is clearly demonstrated by the MCI Institute, MCI’s in-house learning provider.
We embrace sustainability, recognizing the many ways it generates value for both our organisation and our clients.
Our diverse global talents represent our most precious resource and this is reflected in our approach to talent management, which is guided by our core values:
- Living by Growth
- Promoting Entrepreneurship
- Believing in People
- Building Fair Relations