National Sales Manager - Meetings & Events (Ireland)
At MCI, we believe that when people come together, magic happens. That is why we have been bringing people together through innovative meetings, events, congresses and association management since 1987.
Through face-to-face, hybrid and digital experiences, we help companies and associations to strategically engage and activate their target audiences, building the dedicated online and offline communities they need to strengthen their brands and boost their performance.
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business
- Identify potential clients, decision makers within the client organisation
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company leaders/principals
- Cold call where appropriate within your market/geographical area
- Proposal writing and presentation development
- Closing leads and contracting new clients
- Assist National Sales Director
- Research into projects and new sales prospects
- Organisation and coordination of site inspections/client meetings
- Attend industry and trade events as directed
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs
- Present to and consult with management on business trends with a view to developing new services and products
- Weekly sales report
- Forecasting of business
- Update CRM system
- Proven track record in sourcing and winning new clients
- Prospect clients in designated business sectors through research, cold calling, social media, networking and database management
- Introducing and presenting MCI to potential clients
- Attending and participating in industry networking events
- Specific knowledge of the Irish Meetings and Events market
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confident attitude when dealing with clients and team members
- Proactive development of the role
- Strong ability to represent the company
- Ownership of keeping up to date with industry updates and product developments in order to carry out the job effectively
- Presentation skills - comfortable in pitches with experience in contracting, negotiations and pitching scenarios
- Reporting skills
- Administration skills (exceptional attention to details) and excellent computer literacy in all aspects of Microsoft programmes
- Flexible and can-do attitude
- Mobile and willing to travel in Ireland and abroad occasionally
- Social Media skills desirable
DESCRIPTION OF THE RELATIONSHIPS
- To liaise proactively and in a positive manner with all team members within the Company and who are involved in any project from Back Office to PCO, DMC and Meeting & Events colleagues
- To play a proactive role in the overall evolution and future development of MCI Dublin and in particular the Meeting & Events Department
- To sell services of MCI where appropriate
We are not just offering jobs. These are challenging career development positions for talented candidates who have a commitment for excellence, are team oriented and focused on delivering a quality service to our clients.
We are committed to building and nurturing a dynamic workforce which thrives on delivering the best experience for our clients.
MCI’s commitment to employee development is clearly demonstrated by the MCI Institute, MCI’s in-house learning provider.
We embrace sustainability, recognizing the many ways it generates value for both our organisation and our clients.
Our diverse global talents represent our most precious resource and this is reflected in our approach to talent management, which is guided by our core values:
- Living by Growth
- Promoting Entrepreneurship
- Believing in People
- Building Fair Relations