Manager, Association Sales
At MCI, we believe that when people come together, magic happens. That is why we have been bringing people together through innovative meetings, events, congresses and association management since 1987.
Through face-to-face, hybrid and digital experiences, we help companies and associations to strategically engage and activate their target audiences, building the dedicated online and offline communities they need to strengthen their brands and boost their performance.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Sales Professional to join our team as Manager, Association Sales. This role is responsible for generating new business and maintaining existing clients in our Congress division.
If you enjoy high-level sales, are self-driven, have strong research skills and enjoy working in a fun and collaborative team environment, you will want to come and join our team.
- Build business and relationships with National & Provincial Associations to drive growth and secure new business
- Work in collaboration with MCI Canada’s Congress Division Sales team to:
- assist in the development and implementation of the business plan, sales strategy and budget to ensure team sales targets and profitability are reached, and;
- support client proposals and presentations to RFP responses
- Leverage personal networks and expertise to generate new revenue and secure new business
- Effectively manage account assignments to increase business with new and existing clients
- Prepare and maintain personal action plan for effective search of sales leads and prospects
- Client face to face presentations and travel as required to close the client sale
- Keep abreast of the industry trends and local marketplace
- Maintain accurate records of all pricings, sales and activity reports (in Sales Reports, Business List, MCI Database and local database) as required
- Act as Account Manager for high level accounts, when required
- Assist in negotiating the terms of Agreements and closing of sales as required.
- Build relationships and negotiate terms with suppliers
- Represent MCI at trade exhibitions and industry events
Required Experience, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum five years plus of experience in sales management in the Hospitality / Travel / MICE or PCO Sector
- Authentic and strong leadership with specialisation in international business development, sales and marketing
- Experience in all aspects of Account Management and Supplier Relations
- Proven track record of sourcing and winning new clients
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Role model and motivator with a confident and determined approach complimented by a high degree of self-motivation and drive
- Tireless producer who brings “refuse to lose” attitude with strict adherence to professional ethics and without compromise to values
- Assertive business development skills and a commanding boardroom presence
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal and presentation skills
- Team player with the ability to collaborate and work towards a common goal
- Strong financial, budget development and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office
- Able and willing to travel extensively as required
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
We are not just offering jobs. These are challenging career development positions for talented candidates who have a commitment for excellence, are team oriented and focused on delivering a quality service to our clients.
We are committed to building and nurturing a dynamic workforce which thrives on delivering the best experience for our clients.
MCI’s commitment to employee development is clearly demonstrated by the MCI Institute, MCI’s in-house learning provider.
We embrace sustainability, recognizing the many ways it generates value for both our organisation and our clients.
Our diverse global talents represent our most precious resource and this is reflected in our approach to talent management, which is guided by our core values:
- Living by Growth
- Promoting Entrepreneurship
- Believing in People
- Building Fair Relations