Manager, Chapter Development – Latin America
At MCI, we believe that when people come together, magic happens. That is why we have been bringing people together through innovative meetings, events, congresses and association management since 1987.
Through face-to-face, hybrid and digital experiences, we help companies and associations to strategically engage and activate their target audiences, building the dedicated online and offline communities they need to strengthen their brands and boost their performance.
The main role of the Manager, Chapter Development Latin America is to ensure high levels of support to the association chapters (regional groups) in Latin America and their volunteer leaders, ensuring a positive experience that increases their engagement with and connection to the association. With the objective to improve membership performance through the positive relationships and focus.
Manager develops and implements engagement and communications strategies among association chapters, internal team and other internal departments to enable open dialogue, identify and resolve challenges and identify opportunities
The Manager creates and cultivates alignment and development of the chapters to assure understanding of market dynamics, customer satisfaction and mutually beneficial relationships that progress the profession and advance the associations strategic plan.
Management of Chapter Development
- Provides oversight and management of regional chapter development staff to proactively partner with and support chapters as their primary day-to-day staff liaison driving membership performance, chapter development, chapter maintenance, renewal and value delivery to grow and sustain chapter communities
- Leads the functions of, and guide, the local team to successfully build positive and enduring relationships with association chapters and the volunteer leaders.
- Collaborate with peers across the client organization to drive member satisfaction, membership/product growth and retention, and create connectivity between the association program resources and local chapters.
- Understand and be able to effectively communicate association global strategy; regional focus; key initiatives; and overall business operations. Maintain awareness of the broad range of offerings, activities and initiatives within the global organization to effectively engage with the stakeholders and promote the association to stakeholder.
- Communicate and present key Chapter Development initiatives at internal association meetings
- Prepare monthly report on key group activities and market intelligence for the region, in addition to regular updates regarding issues/trends within the region.
- Participate in relevant meetings on regional and global level.
Business Management Responsibility
- Ensure effective and efficient budgeting, oversight and execution of operations for client Chapter Development in Latin America, including all aspects of resource management and applicable integration with the client HQ office.
Governance & Position Accountability & Authority
- Accountable for attainment of planned outcomes
- Run operations efficiently, apply sound practice and in compliance with association policy
DESCRIPTION OF THE RELATIONSHIPS
Within MCI, direct reporting to the Director of Association Management and Consulting.
On client level, direct reporting line is to the Director, Global Chapters at the HQ staff office.
JOB REQUIRIMENTS/ CANDIDATE PROFILE
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a similar position or international (trade) association sector combining experience at management level.
- Understand the business environment throughout the LA region.
- Academic Education: International Relations, business administration, marketing our event management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Portuguese, Spanish and English are essential, as success is dependent upon developing positive relationships and communicating with a wide variety of stakeholders related to the organization
- Ability to adapt to changing needs and demands of key stakeholders is important
- Great customer mindset and proactive disposition
- Proven interpersonal and team building skills in working with diverse staff.
- Well rounded individuals with business, international relations or similar type degrees prove to be suitable educational backgrounds for this type of role
- Well developed organizational and leadership experience. Expert relationship builder, analytical skills, able to conceive, develop, rationalize and negotiate.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Availability to travel.
We are not just offering jobs. These are challenging career development positions for talented candidates who have a commitment for excellence, are team oriented and focused on delivering a quality service to our clients.
We are committed to building and nurturing a dynamic workforce which thrives on delivering the best experience for our clients.
MCI’s commitment to employee development is clearly demonstrated by the MCI Institute, MCI’s in-house learning provider.
We embrace sustainability, recognizing the many ways it generates value for both our organisation and our clients.
Our diverse global talents represent our most precious resource and this is reflected in our approach to talent management, which is guided by our core values:
- Living by Growth
- Promoting Entrepreneurship
- Believing in People
- Building Fair Relations