Manager, Human Resources & Administration
At MCI, we believe that when people come together, magic happens. That is why we have been bringing people together through innovative meetings, events, congresses and association management since 1987.
Through face-to-face, hybrid and digital experiences, we help companies and associations to strategically engage and activate their target audiences, building the dedicated online and offline communities they need to strengthen their brands and boost their performance.
We are seeking an experienced and versatile human resources professional to manage strategic and operational human resource services for our growing company (MCI Canada currently has offices in Toronto & Vancouver).
The Manager, Human Resources & Admin is responsible for management and administration of all HR services for MCI Canada as well as some general office administration. Responsibilities include;
- Identify recruiting needs in collaboration with Managers
- Manage full cycle recruitment; job postings, resume review, screening, interview & selection process, employment agreements, onboarding program
- Develop and maintain relationships with local post-secondary institutions and recruitment agencies
- Maintain a pipeline of qualified candidates to manage recruiting needs
- Maintain & develop new job descriptions
- Coach and support managers & employees with workplace issues and make recommendations for resolutions
- Implement MCI’s performance appraisal process
- Manage compensation and benefits programs
- Develop and maintain reward strategies’ that enable MCI to attract, retain and motivate great employees
- Oversee and manage employee recognition programs
- Manage process for departing employees
- Management of data in ProConcept, MCI Group’s HR database
Learning & Development
- Coordinate the implementation of local office-based training programs, MCI Institute programs and Learning Week
- Coach managers to improve performance and identify management and employee training & development program opportunities
- Ensure company policies and handbooks are kept current & compliant with legislation in all office locations
- Provide active support in organizing staff events and CSR initiatives
- Facilitate coop student opportunities
- General HR administration including monthly reporting to Group HR
- Contribute to and support continuous improvements & best HR practices
- General office administration (Toronto office)
- Facilitation of IT services for both offices with external IT provider
- Travel to other Canadian offices
Required Experience, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum 5 years of generalist HR experience with experience executing a variety of HR operational activities
- Experience in Hospitality or Event industry and in a changing environment preferred
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources/Business Administration
- Some knowledge of provincial labour laws
- A passion for excellence in customer service delivery, thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Business driven and ability to think at a strategic level
- High level of interpersonal skills and integrity
- Understands confidentiality and demonstrates diplomacy
- Possess strong organisational skills, a high level of discretion and professionalism
- Self-motivated, resourceful & with a positive mind set and attitude
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong computer skills: highly proficient levels in MS Office & good general understanding of systems, databases
- French language skills are an asset
We are not just offering jobs. These are challenging career development positions for talented candidates who have a commitment for excellence, are team oriented and focused on delivering a quality service to our clients.
We are committed to building and nurturing a dynamic workforce which thrives on delivering the best experience for our clients.
MCI’s commitment to employee development is clearly demonstrated by the MCI Institute, MCI’s in-house learning provider.
We embrace sustainability, recognizing the many ways it generates value for both our organisation and our clients.
Our diverse global talents represent our most precious resource and this is reflected in our approach to talent management, which is guided by our core values:
- Living by Growth
- Promoting Entrepreneurship
- Believing in People
- Building Fair Relations