Professional Conference Organizer Intern
At MCI, we believe that when people come together, magic happens. That is why we have been bringing people together through innovative meetings, events, congresses and association management since 1987.
Through face-to-face, hybrid and digital experiences, we help companies and associations to strategically engage and activate their target audiences, building the dedicated online and offline communities they need to strengthen their brands and boost their performance.
The Amsterdam office is part of MCI Group, a leading provider of strategic engagement and activation solutions since 1987. With 63 offices in 31 countries, MCI services both the Corporate and Institutional market, building unforgettable online and offline experiences that foster change, inspire, educate and enhance business performance.
What does is take to rock this role?
It is important to be pro-active, highly organized individual, thirsty for new learning opportunities and eager to gain extensive work experience within MCI Amsterdam's busy PCO department. You will deeply involved in the logistical planning of conferences with the support of the PCO team leader, ensuring a streamlined and smooth conference delivery. Also, you will be partly responsible for relationship and project management, finance and additional administrational tasks, supporting the team to deliver highly impactful conferences for some of the biggest client names in the industry.
You will be an integral part of the PCO team and this internship will provide valuable experience in all areas of the department's work; from early planning to the delivery of a successful conference. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with congress design kick-off meeting (if timeframe internship allows)
- Project planning and reporting (incl. detailed project action plan & KPI)
- Assist in drafting and updating budget
- Active role in project meetings, both internally and with client
- Venue search for (national and international)
- Content and contract research for marketing purposes
- Liaising with a broad range of stakeholders: f.i. client, speakers, suppliers
- Editing and proof reading documents
- Drafting congress script
- Onsite assistance during conferences (if timeframe internship allows)
- You are studying in the hotel/tourism/commercial/project management area
- Your English is fluent (a second European language is preferred)
- You are available for a minimum of 5 moths
- You are flexible, especially in busy periods
- You are entrepreneurial, inventive and stress resistant
- You can work individually, but you can also work well in a team
- You are experienced in working with computers, especially with Word and Excel
- You can represent the company and its values
- You feel comfortable in a professional, but informal work environment
- The possibility to combine work within a busy department with your school assignments
- A monthly remuneration
- A pleasant workplace in an informal atmosphere
- A good learning environment in a growing company
If you are interested in an internship at MCI Amsterdam, and you would like to have a good start of your career in the congress and event business, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are not just offering jobs. These are challenging career development positions for talented candidates who have a commitment for excellence, are team oriented and focused on delivering a quality service to our clients.
We are committed to building and nurturing a dynamic workforce which thrives on delivering the best experience for our clients.
MCI’s commitment to employee development is clearly demonstrated by the MCI Institute, MCI’s in-house learning provider.
We embrace sustainability, recognizing the many ways it generates value for both our organisation and our clients.
Our diverse global talents represent our most precious resource and this is reflected in our approach to talent management, which is guided by our core values:
- Living by Growth
- Promoting Entrepreneurship
- Believing in People
- Building Fair Relations