Sales Planning and Product Buyer (Meetings and Events)
At MCI, we believe that when people come together, magic happens. That is why we have been bringing people together through innovative meetings, events, congresses and association management since 1987.
Through face-to-face, hybrid and digital experiences, we help companies and associations to strategically engage and activate their target audiences, building the dedicated online and offline communities they need to strengthen their brands and boost their performance.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Sales Planning & Product Buyer (Meetings & Events)
What will you be doing….
Something different every day!
Using both your left brain and right brain regularly to develop creative proposals and detailed budgets
Using your research skills to source venues, hotels and destinations around the world
Learning about new products and suppliers
Coming up with creative solutions to suit our clients’ needs
Juggling multiple projects and deadlines
Working collaboratively with a team to brainstorm ideas
Negotiating contracts with hotels and suppliers
Project management for incoming client requests to ensure proposals are delivered on time
Building and maintaining relationships with suppliers and clients
To be successful in this role……
You have minimum 3 years’ experience in proposal development in the meetings, incentive or event industry
You thrive on developing innovative & creative event proposals
You have strong destination and venue knowledge and enjoy researching venues and event products
You are highly organized with a strong attention to detail and enjoy working in a fast paced, fun & collaborative team environment
If you are excited about this opportunity and this sounds like you, come and join our team!
- Research, develop and write innovative & creative meeting and incentive proposals that win new clients and retain existing clients
- Develop detailed costings and budgets
- Act as a liaison with clients when required for proposal development and arranging site inspections
- Build strong relationships with key suppliers including hotels, airlines, cruise lines, convention visitor bureaus, venues, transportation & entertainment companies, restaurants, and DMCs to develop winning presentations
- Act as a subject matter expert on destination options
- Review, negotiate and sign off on vendor contracts signed by MCI on behalf of our clients
- Ensure that industry knowledge is in accordance with ‘best practices’ in the marketplace
Required Experience, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum of 3 years of direct relevant industry experience (meeting, incentive, event industry)
- Degree or Diploma in Hospitality/Event Management, Business/Communications or other related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrated research skills
- Excellent verbal and written professional communication skills
- Enjoys overcoming objections/resistance and achieving goals in the face of obstacles, excellent troubleshooter and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Great customer service orientation and a positive attitude
- Well-developed time management skills: highly organized, efficient, and detail-oriented
- Interest in and commitment to ongoing learning
- Strong computer skills are a must: highly proficient levels in MS Office Suite
- Effectively able to use computer software and technology to organize and present information
- Cvent experience is an asset
- Willingness and able to travel in Canada and internationally as required
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
Please submit your resume & cover letter by August 7, 2017
We are not just offering jobs. These are challenging career development positions for talented candidates who have a commitment for excellence, are team oriented and focused on delivering a quality service to our clients.
We are committed to building and nurturing a dynamic workforce which thrives on delivering the best experience for our clients.
MCI’s commitment to employee development is clearly demonstrated by the MCI Institute, MCI’s in-house learning provider.
We embrace sustainability, recognizing the many ways it generates value for both our organisation and our clients.
Our diverse global talents represent our most precious resource and this is reflected in our approach to talent management, which is guided by our core values:
- Living by Growth
- Promoting Entrepreneurship
- Believing in People
- Building Fair Relations