Sponsorship and Exhibit Solutions Coordinator
At MCI, we believe that when people come together, magic happens. That is why we have been bringing people together through innovative meetings, events, congresses and association management since 1987.
Through face-to-face, hybrid and digital experiences, we help companies and associations to strategically engage and activate their target audiences, building the dedicated online and offline communities they need to strengthen their brands and boost their performance.
We are seeking a motivated and sales minded individual with strong research and administrative skills to join our team as Sponsorship & Exhibit Solutions Coordinator. This position will be responsible for supporting the Partnership team in areas of administration, client solicitation and strategy for our conferences and events.
If you enjoy working in an innovative and collaborative team environment that thrives on creating the best experiences for our clients, then you will want to come and be part of our team!
- Support Manager in growing sponsorship revenue and identifying new opportunities
- Research relevant investment opportunities to increase attendance and sponsorship/exhibition revenue
- Identify prospects with the purpose of cultivating solicitation strategies, and supporting the closing of deals
- Solicit, sell and contract sponsorship and exhibition funds on small to mid-size groups
- Maintain client relationships through face to face meetings, conference call settings and event planning committee meetings
- Work collaboratively with Sales and Operations teams to create and develop customized sponsor and exhibitor invitations/prospectus and other materials as required
- Coordinate design and print of promotional materials
- Identify and negotiate reciprocal advertising opportunities
- Liaise with the Digital team to design and launch webpages, registration sites, social media campaigns and sponsorship & exhibitor activations
- Coordinate the implementation of all sponsor and exhibitor agreements with the Operations team
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing and potential sponsorship clients and exhibitors to maximize engagement and increase income
- Develop sponsorship/exhibitor database
- Manage contracts, invoices and payments
Required Experience, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum three years of directly relevant industry experience, preferably in conference and event management in a similar role
- Degree or Diploma in Event Management, Business/Communications or related field
- A successful track record in sales
- Excellent verbal and written professional communication skills
- Self-starter, independent worker able to quickly take ownership of projects
- Strong research skills and ability to identify initiatives of global corporations and associations
- Strong organizational skills
- Highly proficient levels in MS Office and Adobe Design software
- Fluent written and spoken English required. Additional languages an asset
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
We are not just offering jobs. These are challenging career development positions for talented candidates who have a commitment for excellence, are team oriented and focused on delivering a quality service to our clients.
We are committed to building and nurturing a dynamic workforce which thrives on delivering the best experience for our clients.
MCI’s commitment to employee development is clearly demonstrated by the MCI Institute, MCI’s in-house learning provider.
We embrace sustainability, recognizing the many ways it generates value for both our organisation and our clients.
Our diverse global talents represent our most precious resource and this is reflected in our approach to talent management, which is guided by our core values:
- Living by Growth
- Promoting Entrepreneurship
- Believing in People
- Building Fair Relations