Achieving growth through community management
The American Society for Quality (ASQ) is a global community of professionals dedicated to quality. ASQ provides the quality community with training, professional certifications, and knowledge to a vast network of members of the global quality community.
When developing their activities in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, ASQ was faced with competition from unlicensed training houses offering ASQ products.
To stand up to this competition, ASQ MENA was looking for a partner who understood and could help channel its community vision of bringing quality champions together, to reach its business goals.
In their quest for expansion, the association needed to position itself in the MENA region as a recognized leader in business excellence and innovation.
Solution & Results
Making use of its analytics and digital capabilities, MCI Middle East developed a strategy to address ASQ MENA needs by building stronger relationships with the quality community of Registered Services Providers (RSP’s) and reinforcing its brand authority.
As a result, ASQ Global increased its trainings revenue by 76% in the region in 2015. This growth has to be attributed to various factors:
- Forging stronger relationship with RSP’s through regular face to face meetings, skype calls and quarterly feedback meetings
- Constant lead feed to RSP’s
- Reducing unlicensed trainings by enticing training houses to register on the website
- Creation of ASQ exclusive trainings tailored to the MENA market
- Introducing the ASQ MENA certificate of attendance
- Market monitoring
- Better control of in-house trainings royalties
“Finding a partner locally that understood our needs was key to our success in the MENA region. MCI was able to develop close relationship with local quality communities and address MENA audiences’ needs whilst reinforcing our brand image.”
- Andrew Baines, Managing Director,Global ASQ