Designing Bold Events for Big Issues
The Nordic Women’s Movement wanted to organise a high-level event in Malmø, Sweden, to inspire new action on women’s rights, both locally and internationally.
Download full client story
MCI helped translate the movement’s vision for a bold and impactful event into reality. Providing full event management, communication and social media solutions, MCI made sure that the movement could focus maximum attention on creating the most engaging programme possible.
- Over 15,000 delegates, exhibitors, visitors and journalists attended the highly successful forum, which was as much a cultural festival as it was a high-level conference thanks to a number of artistic performances and engaging activities.
- High-level speakers included the world’s first female President Vigdis Finnbogadottir, UN Women Executive Director Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka, EU Commissioner Ritt Bjerregaard, Harvard Law Professor Catherine MacKinnon and Laura Bates, founder of social media sensation the Everyday Sexism Project.
- During the four-day event, the forum’s website received over 76,000 page views.
- The forum itself and the issues raised gained extensive local and international media coverage, with nearly 1,000 articles in the Swedish media alone.
- Official hashtag #nf2014 trended in Sweden, with over 16,000 tweets using the official hashtag reaching hundreds of thousands of social media users.
“MCI's comprehensive solutions and 'can-do' attitude have helped us create the bold event we dreamed of. I am delighted to have partnered with MCI for the Nordiskt Forum 2014."
Gertrud Åström, Chairwoman, Sveriges