Office: MCI Berlin
It was back in 2007 when school was out and I had to choose a career. I was searching for a position as an apprentice and I knew exactly what I wanted: an international company delivering congress management. Finally, I found an MCI job posting in the newspaper - 5x3cm that changed my life!
Title: Senior Project Coordinator
How did you end up at MCI?
Most exciting/defining moment since you join MCI?
My first MCI International Business Meeting (IBM) in Granada.
I was standing at the bar, and next to me was Robin Lokerman, MCI Group President. He asked me what my role at MCI was and I simply could not remember a word in English. A little bit embarrassed, I looked at him and he just said, “You can also talk to me in German – I speak German, too.”
After that I knew: at MCI it does not matter if you are an apprentice or a President - every talent is important and there will always be someone who understands you.
What kind of skills does the team need?
Calmness and composure.
Steadiness and reliability.
Attention to detail and a dash of joy.
What’s the one piece of advice you would give others about working at MCI?
Keep moving forward and opening new doors. Be curious because curiosity leads us down new paths.
What songs would you include on the soundtrack to your life?
- Hotel California by The Eagles – my dream is to one day ride in a convertible over the Golden Gate Bridge while listening to this song.
- Everybody by Backstreet Boys – happy 90s childhood memories.
- Heartbreak Warfare by John Mayer – life can sometimes be hard.
- Don’t Stop Me Now by Queen – self-explanatory.
- Greased Lightning by John Travolta – petticoats and hair flips.